Right now, many of us are facing uncertain times and wondering when the day will be that the market returns back to normal. Huge changes are happening in the way we usually conduct business and live our lives. There’s been lots of movement, adapting, and new processes going on.
Some of you may be wondering what you should be doing in your down time or how to handle your team not being able to come into the office. Well, the answer is, “It’s business as usual.” It’s just done a little differently. We’ve come up with 4 tips to help you dominate your business until the market returns to normal. We’re going to help you stay focused and productive during this time.
#1 The Phone is Your Friend.
The number one thing we teach our students at The CORE Training, Inc., is that the phone is your friend. During the down time you have, a great method to stay busy until the market returns would be to call through your CRM database. You might be wondering, why is this important? Well, you’ll get to:
- Make sure all your information is up to date. (Staying accurate with your contacts)
- Call past clients and thank them for their business and check in with them just to see how they are doing. (Building trust)
- Acknowledge anyone having a birthday, wedding anniversary, or house purchase anniversary. (Growing the relationship)
Whether you are a real estate agent, or a mortgage lender make sure that you are managing your client’s fear by staying in touch with them and providing the resources they need. They are looking to you for expert advice. Assure them that you are still available.
#2 Be Fiscal Until the Market Returns.
Looking for ways to be more fiscal and save on some money during this time? A good tactic would be to transition your monthly client letters (Ex: Letter of the Heart) to a video that you can email.
- This will save money on printing, stamps, envelopes, and trips to the post office.
- Making videos is a quick and inexpensive way to stay in contact with your database.
- If you are unsure as to what you should talk about, use the content from your monthly letter of the heart and say it on video.
#3 Transition to Discussions & Open Houses on Facebook Live.
Real Estate Agents, this is a prime opportunity to do your open houses on Facebook live! Facebook live is an excellent tool to keep the public informed on your open houses, new properties, etc. Facebook live also notifies your followers/friends that you’re going live so they can tune in! Mortgage Lenders, you can use this tool to update your followers of important updates in the industry and give them key tips about earning a loan! The more appealing the topic, the more people you’ll get to join in, so put your marketing hats on!
Real Estate Agent Ideas to consider:
- Do a virtual walk-through (try Facebook Live or BeLive) for your open houses.
- Walk through each room and point out the features of the home.
- Invite people ahead of time. For example, if you are going to do it on a Friday, invite and remind people throughout the week. This is a perfect topic to mention when you are calling people in your database.
#4 Get Projects Off The Back Burner Until The Market Returns!
Almost all of us have projects on the back burner. These are projects that we keep saying “one day when we have time, we will get to them.” It may be a mailer or vendor list. Whatever, the project may be, this is the perfect time to pull those projects out and start working on them!
- If you are at home and cannot leave the house get those projects out and start working on marketing ideas, working a call list and doing research.
- What does your spring marketing look like? What does your summer marketing plan look like? Now is the time to plan.
We know it can feel like you’re stuck and not able to do much when the market is down, but if you apply these small adjustments, your business will not skip a beat. Remember to pick up your phone, save money on items you can replace that are cheaper, use technology, and work on the big projects you’ve been setting aside. Getting those knocked out will help your business and save you time in the long run. For more tips and e-downloads, check out our Free Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender Resources.
Who is The CORE Training?
We are a professional Mortgage and Real Estate coaching company that provides mentoring and coaching to mortgage lenders and real estate agents from all over the country. Being in business since 2001, we have developed a 94% success rate with our coaching program. Just last year we created over 200 millionaires out of our coaching program.
Our Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender executive trainers have an average income of $1.3M and $2M in savings. If you are serious about building a great business and career and want to stop losing clients and generating more income, let us show you the recipe to success!
Why Should You Choose The CORE? Kellen went from $65,000 to $120,000! Watch his testimonial below.
Are you ready to grow your business and DOUBLE your income like Kellen? Our Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender coaching program was rated in Inman’s Top 50 Coaches For Your Needs. Schedule a free consultation with a CORE coach to see how we’ll help you: Get yours scheduled now!