It is important to maintain a work/life balance so you can grow an amazing, strong business while having a happy family to come home to. A lot of Real Estate Agents and Mortgage Lenders struggle with keeping work life and home life separate, which can lead to issues in both fields. We’ve came up with a few tips to help improve your work life and your home life, to ultimately improve work/life balance.
- Always remember work is what we do, not who we are. Work is work, but you should enjoy it.
- Master time management skills by reviewing your calendar every morning, time blocking, and prioritizing your most important tasks. This will help you to be able to get all your work done by the end of the work day, and leave time to spend with family and friends afterwards. To learn better time management skills, check out our article on 10 Steps To Better Time Management.
- Leave work on time 4 days a week—pick one day each week that you will work late to work on anything you need/want to.
- When you work, be present, and work hard. Leave distractions at the door and stick to your schedule.
- Delegate! If you aren’t able to complete a task that could be passed to a member of your team, delegate it to them. This helps free up your schedule for more prospecting and “Green Time”.
- Have a date night with your spouse once a week. This is so important to maintain a strong, healthy relationship with your significant other and give you both something to look forward to. Date nights can be ordering take-out, going to a park, seeing a movie, whatever suits you best.
- Be physically active at least 3 times a week. This will help you feel good and de-stress. Be honest, how often do you workout or exercise currently? If you never do, it’s time to look up some active activities you can do that you actually enjoy! Do you love playing tennis? Play with a friend once a week. Do you have extra time on your lunch break to go for a walk? Do it! Being physically active will help you be more productive at work, while relaxing more at home.
- Take 4 one-week vacations a year without work, e-mail, and phone. This will keep you fresh and give you a break! Everyone needs some time away from constant emails, meetings, and daily tasks, so be sure to take time for yourself and do something you enjoy. This will get you revived for work while giving your body and mind some peace.
- Have 2 selfish hobbies that make you feel free, relaxed, and fun. What do you like to do when you have extra time? Maybe you like to paint, do yoga, golf, sew, play guitar, design, etc. Whatever it is, be sure to incorporate these into your weekly schedule so you can treat yourself and allow yourself to have fun.
- Spend your weekends relaxing and spending time with your family. Do not pick up your phone or check your email on weekends unless it’s for emergencies, otherwise you will feel like you’re working non-stop. Without time to focus on yourself and your family, you will quickly burn out.
Conclusion: Maintaining Work/Life Balance
Start working on creating your healthy work/life balance so you can have more time to yourself and with your family. The only way you can grow your business is if you have a stable and healthy personal life too! For more tips and e-downloads, check out our Free Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender Resources.
Who is The CORE Training?
We are a professional Mortgage and Real Estate coaching company that provides mentoring and coaching to mortgage lenders and real estate agents from all over the country. Being in business since 2001, we have developed a 94% success rate with our coaching program. Just last year we created over 220 millionaires out of our coaching program.
Our Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender executive trainers have an average income of $1.3M and $2M in savings. If you are serious about building a great business and career and want to stop losing clients and generating more income, let us show you the recipe to success!
Why Should You Choose The CORE? Kellen went from $65,000 to $120,000! Watch his testimonial below.
Are you ready to grow your business and DOUBLE your income like Kellen? Our Real Estate Agent and Mortgage Lender coaching program was rated in Inman’s Top 50 Coaches For Your Needs. Schedule a free consultation with a CORE coach to see how we’ll help you: Get yours scheduled now!