Right now, many of us are facing uncertain times and huge changes in the way we usually conduct business.
Some of you may be wondering what you should be doing now, or how to handle your team not being able to come into the office? Well, the answer is, “It’s business as usual.” It’s just done a little differently. So here are 4 tips to help you stay focused and productive during this time.
#1 The Phone is Your Friend
The number one thing we teach at The CORE Training, Inc., is that the phone is your friend. So, you should use this time to call through your database.
- Make sure all your information is up to date.
- Call past clients and thank them for their business and check in with them just to see how they are doing.
- Acknowledge anyone having a birthday, wedding anniversary, or purchase anniversary
Whether you are a real estate agent, or a mortgage lender make sure that you are managing your client’s fear. They are looking to you for expert advice. Assure them that you are available.
#2 Be Fiscal
Looking for ways to be more fiscal? Transition your monthly client letters (Ex: Letter of the Heart) to a video.
- This will save money on printing, stamps, envelopes, and trips to the post office.
- Making videos a quick and inexpensive way to stay in contact with your database.
- If you are unsure as to what you should talk about, use the content from your monthly letter of the heart and say it on video.
#3 Real Estate Agents do your open house via Facebook Live!
Real Estate Agents, this is a prime opportunity to do your open houses via live Facebook! Facebook live is an excellent tool to keep the public informed.
- Do a virtual walk-through (try BeLive) of your open houses.
- Walk through each room and point out the features of the home.
- Invite people ahead of time. For example, if you are going to do it on a Friday, invite and remind people throughout the week. This is a perfect topic to mention when you are calling people in your database.
#4 Get those projects off the back burner!
Almost all of us have projects on the back burner. These are projects that we keep saying “one day when we have time, we will get to them.” It may be a mailer or vendor list. Whatever, the project may be, this is the perfect time to pull those projects out and start working on them!
- If you are at home and cannot leave the house get those projects out and start working on marketing ideas, working a call list and doing research.
- What does your spring marketing look like? What does your summer marketing plan look like? Now is the time to plan.
Apply these small adjustments so that when the market does bounce back, your business will not skip a beat.